CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

2008 Album Disappointments ... So Far

First up is Timo Tolki's Revolution Renaissance: New Era. I had heard samples of this album (those horrible 30 second samples that are just way too short) and had high hopes for this album. I have a few Stratovarius albums but don't listen to them a whole lot. I don't even know why I bought them, they must have been cheap or something. Anyway, after listening to the whole album I felt disappointed and let down. I have never heard Tobias Sammet sound so horrible on an album and I think he's a great vocalist. He sounds great singing with Edguy and Avantasia. I don't really know what happened here but it's not a good thing. I'm not familiar with the vocalist Pasi Rantanen but his vocals didn't impress me. I would have to say that Michael Kiske's vocals sound the best with this music but that's just not good enough for me. With more bad songs than good I won't be adding this album to my CD collection any time soon.

Next up is StoneLake: Uncharted Souls. I did enjoy StoneLake's debut album World Entry and hoped the follow-up album would be even better. Not so. The whole album is just mediocre and maybe I'm not liking it because I found that after so many listens of the debut album, I was tired of this band. I don't know why, but sometimes I can love an album but just get tired of it quickly and for me, StoneLake just doesn't have that staying power. I regret buying the first album but I won't be making the mistake of purchasing their second one. I'll save my money for an album really worthy of my hard-earned cash like Galloglass: Legends From Now And Nevermore. :)

\m/ Stay Metal \m/

0 comments: