CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Electronic Power Metal???

Huh?!?!?! Well damn, I just had to hear it and ... I like it!! The band is called Synthphonia Suprema and their one and only album is called Synthphony 001 which was released in 2006. They are supposed to release two more albums. The music connects metal to Italian and European electronic music, creating a new sort of sound the band calls “Synth Metal”. They play with no traditional bass, it's substituted by an electronic bass by keyboards and they use various effects on voice and guitars. It's really very different and I think, for some, this "Synth Metal" may be an acquired taste and some will just flat out hate it. Best song on the album - "Fatherland". Here's a link to their MySpace page where you can hear a few of their songs (too bad Fatherland isn't there). I hope you enjoy it but if not, well, what can I say. At least I can feel good about doing a little PR work for the band. :-)

www.myspace.com/synthphoniasuprema



\m/ Stay Metal \m/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them too, but I don't believe they have created a new genre. Bye!